Links / Info >> Interested in Hosting TORi Shows?
Thank you for your interest in hosting shows on TORi.
Requirements to be a host:
- You must speak good (if not perfect) Telugu with good diction.
- Good voice (which can't be taught) with proper modulation (which can be learned).
- You are expected to have some knowledge of Telugu music - light music, classical music etc.
- Be polite and respectful to the callers.
- Have good conversational skills.
- Have an ability to think and act on the feet - i.e. be spontaneous.
- Avoid controversial topics.
- You can live anywhere in the world, but you must have a good internet connection with 256 kbps upload speed and a good quality microphone/headset.
- Good knowledge of world's geography is a plus.
How it works:
- You will be required to send some audition bits (see below for audition information).
- One of the TORi staff will contact you with an assessment of the audition bits.
- If your voice, language and diction are good - you are eligible for our PANEL.
- If your conversational skills are compatible with TORi live show requirements, you may be asked to co-host a live show with one of the current anchors for a couple of shows. If things work out, you may then be asked to host a show alone.
How to prepare audition bits:
- List out some songs you like.
- Write down commentary on these songs which explain why you like the songs. Or, if you prefer, if you know the background information about that song, write it down
- Using a good quality microphone, record your commentary as an mp3 file (64 bps or more) and save it file name format shown (you can get an excellent headset with microphone for $30 - Plantronics brand is one of the best)
- Send these recorded files to email@example.com
- Please don't forget to include your contact info - especially Phone no.